By Raza Hasnain Naqvi
Dear Online Content Writers,
First of all kindly accept my heartfelt thanks for creating all the wonderful content that you share on your blogs and websites. I like what you write and I share it on my social networks.
Since I read a lot of your online content, I have developed a certain liking for a particular style of online writing and its online presentation.
As online content writers, you write passionately about topics that you feel are important and relevant for your audience.
I am that audience, along with many others like me.
Since you write for me, allow me to share with you a few points about your writing that make an impact on me and even fail to make an impact on me.
THINGS I LIKE ABOUT YOUR WRITING
1. FOCUS: I like that you put your most important points as sub-heads and then you explain those points. This shows your focus on the topic that you are writing.
2. KEYWORDS: I understand that you are a very experienced writer. I am sure you are doing keyword-focused articles. That’s great. I like that my mind won’t have to grapple with any off-topics on your article.
3. THOUGHTFUL: While reading your content, I get the feeling that you cover all the important pros and cons of the topic. This way I get the big picture. You are thoughtful in your effort.
4. IN-LINKS: I keep coming across words that are hyper-linked in your articles. These are in-links to your other related articles on the blog or website. They are clickable and you make it clear what topic I will get to read when I click on them. I do click on them to read more if I am so inclined.
5. SHARING: I also find in your content article that you specially select and highlight important short sentences that I can share and tweet directly to my social networks like Twitter. I do like tweeting your selected content if it resonates with me.
THINGS I DISLIKE ABOUT YOUR WRITING
1. BIG INTRODUCTION: I want to dive into your online content immediately after reading your enticing headline. I want to know the important points quickly. I don’t want to read a six line introduction to your topic. I am impatient at this point.
2. BIG PARAGRAPHS: I want to go across your valuable content quickly. Most of the time, I don’t read each word that you have written. My eyes are quickly scanning your content to take in the best points. Big paragraphs of 5-6 lines slow down my speed. I often ignore such paragraphs.
3. BIG ARTICLE: As I said, I am a busy person. There are 10-15 other articles of great content that have been written by you guys. I want to read them all and share them. Problem is, I only have 15-20 minutes at my disposal at a stretch, before offline life kicks in. If its a big article, I have to save your content link to read later. I never read later. I prefer short 500-word articles to content of 1500-words.
Hope I was able to reach out to you guys with these thoughts.
Thanks again for your creativity, earnestness and effort in creating great content for all of us.